Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my Ashley-esque moment

Hello everyone! Its me ashley :) so... remember how im only 19? That is such a young age, much too young to be going senile one would think, but i swear my brain doesn't function the way a 19 yr olds should.

For example: tonight after scavenging through the fridge and realizing i have absolutely NOTHING to eat, and after eating the scraps off my roommates plates, i decided enough was enough. I needed to make a trek to walmart. So i walk my tooshie out to the car when I suddenly remember that my keys are still in my apartment. So i walk back to my apartment grab my keys, get in the car and go! I get to walmart and am greeted by a very nice man who compliments me on my shirt. (remember this tidbit of info. it is key to the story later on)

I go about walmart finding all the various things on my very lengthy grocery list. And I have finally checked every item off the list and headed to the front of the store to be checked out, when it suddenly dawns on me. My wallet is in my OTHER purse! at this point this is what my head is thinking, "SERIOUSLY, seriously ash! really!? you did not just come clear the heck out to walmart, find everything in the huge monstrosity of a place that walmart is, only to realize your wallet is in your OTHER purse!? please say its a mistake!" but alas, it was the truth. my wallet really was in my other purse. I kinda felt like crying, but really the situation was so hilarious i couldn't help but to laugh hysterically! As i'm wandering around the store laughing like a fool (people probably thought i was losing it) I racked my brains trying to come up with a genius solution to my somewhat amusing dilemma. But there wasn't one. All my roommates were gone, and my mom was too far away to come to my rescue. So I go back around the whole store, returning every item in my cart, walk back out of the store, get in my car, and head home.

Walmart trip #2
Nice walmart greeter man: "Hey! your back already?" (i guess he remembered the shirt)
Me: "uh.... yeah. I sorta forgot my wallet the last time"
Nice walmart greeter man: with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "oh. I dont hear that one very often"
Me: "yeah im sort of forgetful that way" (as i rush on in to avoid further humiliation)

Well anyways thats the story of the day. But I must say that getting my groceries the 2nd time around took like 1/4 of the time :P haha i knew EXACTLY where everything i needed was by then.

Oh. And i somehow managed to hurl a jar of salsa onto the floor like... 2 hrs ago when i was eating dinner. the roomies and I all watched it happen, and none of us are exactly sure how i managed it :P oh dear... i struggle. But on a brighter side there were two really awesome things that happened today

* First, I miraculously got a 75 on my calc test (above the average). When out of 20 questions, on 10 of them I had no idea if i was doing it right. so that was really exciting because I seriously thought I was going to get a D on the test. In fact I was so happy that I gave 20 dollars to some guy that said his niece needed a heart transplant.. I hope his niece really did. haha I didn't even really stop to think about what i was doing.

*Second, on my way back from walmart the 2nd time there was this poor little old homeless guy sitting on the corner. As I was turning a guy around my age walked up to him and handed him some money, and a bag of food from McDonalds. I wont lie. It melted my heart. The world might be a crazy awful place at times, but there are still good people in it :)

Anyways that is all for tonight folks, Im off to bed! before 1 am. You should all be impressed lol. goodnight!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Ash, you are so funny! But that is something I would do...well ok I HAVE done it!

Sarah said...

Ash, I won't lie. That is pretty darn funny. Sad thing is, I have totally done the keys thing, and I end up forgetting stuff at the store, that was on my list to get. Don't worry, it just means your becoming old :) join the club...it bites! I miss your face!! :)

case and jam said...

ashley haha you are so funny and i can totally picture you telling me that story. ha i wish you would have cried that really really would have been ashley-esque. i am so glad to hear you are doing so well and getting so smart at the BYU. keep it up son. and one day, mark my words, we will take a dance class together. and i give you permission to laugh and me. and judge. love you!

case and jam said...

ashley haha you are so funny and i can totally picture you telling me that story. ha i wish you would have cried that really really would have been ashley-esque. i am so glad to hear you are doing so well and getting so smart at the BYU. keep it up son. and one day, mark my words, we will take a dance class together. and i give you permission to laugh and me. and judge. love you!